- You must be 21 years or older to adopt. Please bring a valid form of I.D.
- We generally do not do same-day adoptions. Please plan a visit to the shelter to work with our adoption counselor and pick out an animal that best fits your lifestyle.
- All members of the family must be present in order to adopt. We want to make sure it's a good fit for everyone!
- If you are planning on adopting a dog and already have an existing dog, we ask that you leave them at home during your first visit. Once you've picked out a dog you'd like to adopt, you can schedule an appointment with an adoption counselor to bring your dog to the shelter to meet your potential new pet. This is not necessary for cats.
- We then ask that you fill out our adoption application and allow 24-72 hours to process and approve your application.
- Renters must provide a copy of their lease (including pet policy).
- We require a Veterinary reference for adopters who currently or recently had a pet. If you do not have any pets or have not had one recently, we do ask that you put a deposit at a Veterinary clinic (of your choice) to cover the cost for your first visit.
- After you are approved we schedule an appointment to return to the shelter to finalize your adoption.
- If at any time you are unable to keep the pet or offer it proper care, we ask that you bring it back to the shelter before alternate arrangements are made.
- We do not adopt out "outdoor pets." Pets that are left outside to do not bond as readily with their owners and are prone to nuisance behaviors like barking, escaping, roaming, digging, predatory behavior and other destruction.
- Multiple applications can be submitted for the same animal; adoptions are not decided based on a first come basis. Our adoption committee looks at each application in order to decide the best home for the animal. Our mission is to give each of our animals the best environment for their personality, in order to ensure they have this home forever. Applications may be denied for any reason. We reserve the right to deny adoptions to people who have surrendered their animals in the past.
Adoption Fees: $80 for Cats, $200 for Dogs, and $300 for Puppies 6 months & younger.